With our 2023 Horicon Marsh Candlelight Hike just a few days away, we thought we would give you a little information about what to expect for the night of the event (emails were also sent to emails that were used to reserve a parking voucher).
Parking vouchers are required for the event and are currently sold out. We have received cancellations so check www.horiconmarsh.org
frequently to try and grab a cancelled voucher.
• If you have someone who can drop you off for the event, that is absolutely allowed.
• Enjoy nearly 2 miles of candlelit trails. One trail is approximately 1.5 miles and the Horicon Marsh Bird Club will be located on Indermuehle Island for their annual “Owl Talks”. The Family Loop Trail is about .33 miles and you can join volunteer naturalists to learn about “Mammals of WI”.
• Pull sleds and snowshoes are allowed conditions permitting.
• If the skies are clear, be sure to stop by the Northern Cross Science Foundation telescopes!
• End at the bonfire to warm up after your stroll. We will be offering hot chocolate, baked goods and marshmallows for roasting. Cash only.
• Be sure to say HI! to our owl and wooly mammoth mascot! They will be collecting donations so we can offer these community, family friendly events in future years!
• Dogs are welcome as long as they are leashed, well behaved, don’t mind crowds and are cleaned up after.
• Please pack in and pack out all of your trash from the trails.
• The Horicon Marsh Education and Visitor Center will be OPEN. Check out the raffle options, go through the Explorium at a discounted rate of $2 or head to the lower level for some family friendly crafts and a fun educational activity all about scat! Restrooms are available at the facility. Cash only for concessions and raffles.